The Registration Process
On successful completion of all examination requirements, candidates will receive a registration form and may apply for registration. The non-refundable application and registration fees of $185 should be submitted with your registration form.
- Register the applicant,
- Refer the application to the Registration Committee. The registration application process can take as little as five to seven business days once an applicant has submitted all supporting documentation. However, a referral to the Registration Committee could typically lengthen the process.
- First-time applicants where there is a question that they have satisfied the requirements for registration;
- Experienced applicants from other jurisdictions who may not have satisfied all of the requirements for registration;
- Applicants who have been in the Inactive or Retired class, or who have had their license revoked or resigned, who wish to re-enter the General class of registration;
- Applicants with previous offences, discipline decisions or other findings that are relevant to their suitability to practice manual osteopathy. The Registration Committee will typically review an application referral and may require the applicant to submit additional documentation or be interviewed before rendering a decision.
- Register the applicant
- Register the applicant with terms, conditions or limitations
- Exempt the applicant from certain exemptible requirements of the registration requirements if the applicant demonstrates that he/she is competent to practice manual osteopathy in BC
- Direct the applicant to submit additional information or fulfill additional requirements
- A completed professional portfolio
- A letter of good standing from jurisdictions in which the applicant has practiced manual osteopathy
- A transcript or other proof of graduation from an accredited osteopathic manual practice program
- A copy of any past discipline, professional negligence, malpractice or criminal decisions involving the applicant
- Successfully completing BCAOMP’s legislation and ethics board examination
- Successfully completing certain components of the BCAOMP clinical competency board examination
- Undergoing a peer and practice assessment within a period of time
- Attending BCAOMP’s Record Keeping Workshop, once registered
- Otherwise satisfying the Registration Committee that the applicant is competent to practice manual osteopathy in British Columbia
The cost of registration for the first year of practice is $125 plus $60 (application fee). Payment must be by certified cheque, money order, a business or personal cheque. This registration is valid until December 31 of the year in which a candidate registers. Registration renewals and annual fees of $125 are due January 1 of each year of registration. A Registration Renewal Form is mailed to members in October. This is the only notice members will receive. It is the member’s responsibility to contact BCAOMP if he/she has not received a form.
Once an application for registration is received by BCAOMP, The Registrar will either:
Candidates are encouraged to apply for registration upon receipt of successful completion of the examination requirements.
Referral to the Registration Committee
An application for registration will be referred to the Registration Committee if there are concerns as to whether the applicant has satisfied the requirements for registration or if there may be a reason to impose terms, conditions or limitations on the certificate of registration. Examples of applicants who are referred to the Registration Committee are: